- Thursday 28 - Friday 29 July, 2022
- University of Leeds
- Suitable for
- Year 12 / first year college students
About our Medicine Summer School
Our Medicine Summer School is designed to give Year 12 students an insight into life studying to become a doctor, the science behind medicine and disease, and support you in applying to study Medicine at University.
This year, our Medicine Summer School is a free, one night residential at the University of Leeds, taking place on Thursday 28th and Friday 29th July 2022.
Participants will take part in subject masterclasses, hear from our students about their experiences studying medicine, and learn more about the process of applying to Medical School.
To be eligible for our Medicine Summer School, you must:
- Be a student in Year 12 / first year of college.
- Be studying both Chemistry and Biology A Levels plus one other subject
- Have permission from your parent, carer or key worker to take part
- Be able to attend the entirety of the summer school, including the full day of Thursday 28th July, overnight on Thursday 28th July and until 4PM on Friday 29th July 2022.
Although this is a national summer school, priority will be given to students studying in Yorkshire and the Humber.
You must also meet either two of the following criteria:
- you live in an area with low progression to higher education (use our online postcode checker)
- you are eligible for free school meals or from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below
- your parents did not go to university
- you attended a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score)
- you live or grew up in public care
- your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life. (Except in extreme circumstances, disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic will not be considered)
OR you must live in either an area with low participation in higher education, or a socio-economically deprived area (you can check your postcode here on our website).
Applications for our Summer Schools have now closed for 2022.
Due to the summer school being part of the TASO national evaluation of pre-application summer schools, there will be a delay in informing applicants whether they have been successful in gaining a place on our summer schools. Applicants will be contacted with the outcome of their application by Friday 17th June 2022.