- Time: 09:00 - 15:30
- Location: University of Leeds
- Suitable For: Year 12 / first year college students
About this event
In collaboration with the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the University of Leeds is hosting the inaugural Yorkshire Cutting Edge Careers Day for aspiring medics.
Designed for students currently in Year 12 / first year of college, the day will introduce you to the life of a surgeon. You will have the opportunity to speak to current surgeons, take part in taster activities, and find out more about life at Medical School.
This event is free of charge, and lunch will be provided on the day in our Students’ Union. Places on this event are limited. Students must meet our widening participation criteria to apply for a place.
To be eligible for this event, you must:
- Be a student in Year 12 / first year of college.
- Be studying both Chemistry and Biology plus one other subject at A Level
- Have achieved at least 6 GCSEs at Grade 6 and above, including English Language, Maths, and two Sciences
- Have permission from your parent, carer or key worker to take part
Priority for this event will be given to students studying in Yorkshire and the Humber.
You must also meet two of the following criteria:
- you live in an area with low progression to higher education (use our online postcode checker)
- you are eligible for free school meals or from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below
- your parents did not go to university
- you attended a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score)
- you live or grew up in public care
Applications for this event are now open. You can submit your application here.
Applications will close on Sunday 15th May 2022 at 11:59PM.
You will be informed about the outcome of your application by Friday 20th May 2022.